POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My IRTC, Take 4 (99K) : Re: My IRTC, Take 4 (99K) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My IRTC, Take 4 (99K)
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 4 Apr 2001 14:59:11
Message: <3acb6eff@news.povray.org>
Freddy D. <Fde### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

>>   There seems
>> > to be a seam in the stones just behind the fireball-thingie.
>>
>> Yeah, that's a join between the curve outward and the curve inward.  Very
>> hard to get rid of (ie, I don't know how just yet)

> Hide it behing a pipe ?.. a ladder ?.. something ?

Well, hiding was tried.  I put a pipe in with more spewage like under the
rightmost tower, but it didn't work well, and looked a bit odd with the
glow.  I'm trying to put in an observation deck, to see if that works any
better.  My test renders aren't bad, but I'm not totally happy yet.

The other option is to try to cut blocks out of one side and add them to the
other in some organic fashion.  Probably more than I want to deal with.

Geoff